Life Science Valuation Solutions
HealthCare Appraisers has a team of valuation experts devoted specifically to the life sciences industry. Our unparalleled knowledge of the needs and regulations facing the industry enables us to provide defensible fair market value (FMV) opinions for pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnical companies. We have the experience and knowledge your organization needs to navigate the intricate regulatory complexities surrounding the life sciences industry.
LIFE SCIENCE VALUATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES
With almost two decades of experience, we understand the valuation scrutiny faced by pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnical companies in the course of operations. Our valuation services include:
- Compensation Arrangements For Health Care Professionals and Key Opinion Leaders
- Royalty Rate Reviews
- Data Attainment and Purchases
- Intellectual Property Agreements
- Service Arrangements (Marketing, Distribution, Equipment Leases)
- Multi-Company Integration of Intellectual Property
- Licensing Agreements
- Live Demonstrations of Medical Devices
- Optimal Capital Structure Analyses
- Program/Software Valuation
- Clinical Trial Valuations
OUR LIFE SCIENCE CLIENTS
We provide the necessary, defensible documentation to help life sciences companies comply with applicable laws and regulations, including the Physician Payment Sunshine Act, state-mandated disclosure requirements, Corporate Integrity Agreements, Office of Inspector General Audits, and other internal compliance policies.
We provide valuation and consulting services for the following clients:
- Medical Device Manufacturers and Distributors
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors
- Biotechnology Manufacturers and Distributors
- Contract Research Organizations
- Durable Medical Equipment Manufacturers and Distributors
- Hospitals and Academic Medical Centers
- Colleges and Universities
- Professional Societies and Organizations
- Contract Management System Vendors
- Speakers Bureaus
- Meeting Planners
TRUSTED LIFE SCIENCE VALUATIONS
The life sciences industry is dealing with a series of global challenges relating to increasing competition, escalating costs and expanding regulatory requirements. Regulations focusing on requirements for transparent interactions between life sciences companies, physicians and other types of healthcare providers, are being implemented by governments and industry associations throughout the world. Anti-corruption laws (e.g., The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in the U.S. and the U.K. Bribery Act), which provide criminal penalties for violations, are now more easily enforced with the implementation of the new transparency requirements.
This is the time to assess healthcare professional compensation arrangements throughout your enterprise to ensure consistency and compliance with the fair market value standard. This is also the time to review all transactions that may have Anti-Kickback Statue, Stark Law, and/or Foreign Corrupt Practices Act implications.